- Denver is the only city of its size that supports 5 national sports franchises in football, hockey, basketball, baseball, and soccer.
- Denver can improve your golf game…our altitude makes golf balls travel 10% farther than at sea level.
- DIA contains $7.5 million in artwork, making it the country's largest public art program at a single facility.
- "It only snows when Broncos games are nationally televised" - Denver actually logs greater than 300 sunny days a year, more than Honolulu, Miami or San Diego.
- Metro Denver has over 2 million inhabitants who support more sporting goods stores per capita than anywhere else.
- The Denver Performing Arts Complex, which contains the 2,800-seat Temple Hoyne Buell Theater, has the U.S.'s second-largest seating capacity.
- During their inaugural 1993 season, the Colorado Rockies shattered major league baseball attendance records. Close to 4.5 million fans attended home games, averaging 56,750 per game.
- One of Denver's top tourist attractions, the upscale Cherry Creek Mall, attracts 16 million shoppers a year.
- Denver has the second-highest number of college graduates per capita in the country (2nd to Washington, D.C.)
- Cheers! Denver is the self-proclaimed "Brew Pub Capital of the Nation." More beer is produced in Colorado than in any other state, and all of it is made in the Denver area.
- Denver maintains its own buffalo herd - descended from the last wild bison in the U.S., at Daniels Park.
- The National Western Stock Show is the world's largest rodeo and stock sale. Cowboy boots are always appropriate in Denver, even at the theatre.
- The top tourism market for Colorado and Denver are Colorado residents themselves.
- The 100-year-old Brown Palace Hotel has hosted the likes of President Eisenhower and the Beatles. Try afternoon tea in its eight-story atrium lobby.
- Ten ski areas are within 90 minutes of Denver.
- With more than 400,000 volumes on four floors, Denver's Tattered Cover ranks as the largest independent bookstore in the U.S.
- Denver has more open space and parks than any other city in the world.